Individual therapy differs from group or alternative therapy methods in the way that you are the sole focus of a single therapist who helps you develop and achieve your goals for therapy.
If you’ve been feeling hopeless or lost lately, or struggling with a problem in your life that feels unsurmountable, individual therapy could help you improve your everyday life. Individual therapy helps you win against whatever you’re battling by putting a real expert in your corner by means of a professional therapist.
So if any of these sound like you…
- You keep worrying about the same problem over and over
- You don’t know who you could ever trust with knowing about your secret struggle
- You wish there was somebody who could tell you why you feel this way
- You’re interested in therapy, but you don’t want to give up total control
- Other areas of your life are being negatively impacted by your struggle
- You need somebody to listen to you and your feelings for once
…Then individual therapy could be right for you.
In this practice, I regularly see individuals struggling with a host of issues, ranging from general stressors and life transitions to mental health diagnoses such as mood and anxiety disorders. I specialize in working with individuals suffering from post-trauma and loss reactions (e.g. Complex-Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, grief), personality disorders (e.g. Borderline Personality Disorder), and other relationships struggles as well. I particularly value assisting young adults from all walks of life to navigate identity development within a world that often does not reflect or validate their lived experiences. I thus draw on a diverse array of treatment modalities and approaches in tailoring individual therapy to you; every approach seeks to affirm and empower each client in her/his/their own way.