If you can relate to any of the following concerns, group therapy could be right for you:
- You keep worrying about the same problem over and over
- You wish you could trust someone with your secret struggle
- You want to stop feeling so alone in what you’re going through
- You’re interested in therapy, but want to try something lower pressure than individual therapy
- You wish you felt more understood by others
- You’re looking for expert help improving your life
Group therapy differs from individual therapy by holding therapeutic sessions in a group setting run by a therapist instead of in a private one-on-one setting with a therapist. In these group sessions, patients share their thoughts and experiences with the whole group, allowing them to support one another while being supported by a group of people who understand what you’re going through.
If you’ve been feeling hopeless or alone lately, or struggling with a problem in your life that feels unsurmountable, group therapy could help you improve your everyday life. Group therapy helps you find a sense of community with others who are going through similar things as you while giving you access to valuable therapy that can truly help you feel better.
Group therapy’s effectiveness lies in its ability to help you find connections with other people and their experiences. These therapist-guided sessions will help you learn more about yourself and how to improve the way you feel, while feeling support from others who understand your experience.
If you’re looking for help improving your everyday life – or for a more community-oriented therapy experience – you would be a great fit for our group therapy services. Please reach out to me today for an assessment for group therapy or to schedule your first appointment.
Groups I Offer:
- DBT skills
- Mindfulness training
- Womxn’s Trauma group
- Men’s Trauma and Empowerment group
- Healing Childhood Wounds in Eating Disorders
- Trauma Processing for the LGBTQIA+ Population
- Expressive Arts